Click to Call
Marla Williams Agency

7269 W 97th St
Overland Park, KS 66212

Get Directions
Kansas Renters insurance coverage

Renters Insurance

When you rent your first apartment, there are a few things that you need to do. After signing the lease, you will need to have all of your utilities turned on. After that, you should look into renter’s insurance. Your landlord will have their own homeowner's insurance policy, but it will only cover their losses. If you want to be protected, you will need renter’s insurance. There are a few reasons why it is so important.

Coverage Against Theft

Each year, over one million houses and apartments are broken into. If someone breaks into your apartment, your landlord's insurance will cover any damages that the thief caused while trying to gain access to the apartment. It won't cover the things that have been stolen. Renter insurance will pay to replace any items that have been damaged or stolen during the robbery.

Coverage Against Fire

If there is a fire in your apartment, your landlord's insurance will cover the cost to repair the fire damage. Unfortunately, it won't cover your belongings that were destroyed in the fire. If you have a renter’s insurance policy, anything that you lost in the fire would be covered.

Liability Coverage

If a guest is injured outside of your apartment building, your landlord's insurance would cover their medical costs and any other fees associated with the accident. If someone is injured in your apartment, you could be held liable. The same is true if you have a dog, and he bites someone. If you have renter's insurance, it provides liability protection. This will prevent you from being forced to pay a substantial amount of money to the victim.

Living Expenses

If a fire or severe weather occurs and you are unable to live in your apartment until the repairs are made, it can cause major financial issues. Your landlord's homeowner's insurance will cover the cost of the repairs, but it won't help you. If you have renter’s insurance, it will cover the cost of your living expenses until you can return to your apartment.

As soon as you sign the lease on your home, you should contact Marla Williams Agency to take out a renter’s insurance policy. We can set you up with a renter’s insurance policy that will protect you while living in your apartment. To get your policy started, give us a call or stop by today.

While our office is located in Overland Park, KS, we serve all across Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Texas, and California.


Right 1st image

Locally owned and operated

Right 2nd image

Policies that meet & exceed expectations

Right 3rd image

Get an Annual Policy review

States Served

  • Kansas
  • Missouri
  • Iowa
  • Nebraska
  • Colorado
  • Texas
  • California

Online Access For Our Insurance Partners

Safeco Insurance Partners Nationwide Insurance Partners Travelers Insurance Partners Progressive Insurance Partners

Our Insurance Partners

  • barton mutual
  • markel
  • missouri employer
  • nationwide
  • progressive
  • safeco
  • state auto
  • the hartford
  • travelers