Required Auto Insurance in Kansas

When you drive a vehicle in Kansas, you are required to have an active auto insurance policy. This policy must have at least the types of coverage required by law as well as at least the minimum amount of each coverage type that is mandated. It is helpful to get other coverage in addition to what is required so that you are better covered against a wide range of risks. If you need an auto policy, don’t hesitate to call us at Marla Williams Agency in Kansas. 

Auto Insurance: What You Need To Know

Liability Insurance

There are two types of liability coverage that you have to have in your auto policy. These are bodily injury liability and property damage liability. The bodily injury coverage covers the injuries that happen to people who are injured in an accident that you caused. This does not include your own medical bills. The property damage coverage pays for someone else’s property damage that is caused by an accident you caused. It does not include any coverage for your own vehicle’s damage. It does, however, cover your legal expenses after the accident. 

Personal Injury Protection

This type of coverage is also required by law. It pays for the expenses incurred when you are in an accident. This includes your medical expenses, lost wages, and continuing medical care such as in-home help. This protection is given to you no matter whose fault the accident is. It also covers your passengers and their expenses. 

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection

This coverage pays for your expenses after you are in an accident caused by a motorist without insurance or without enough insurance. This also covers a hit-and-run driver as well as when you’re a pedestrian or bike rider. 

Get Your Auto Policy

If you don’t have auto insurance in Kansas, it’s time to get legal. Give us a call at Marla Williams Agency.