Restaurant Insurance Requirements in Kansas

If you are the owner of a restaurant, you might be interested in restaurant insurance. If this is the case, you may want to consider working with an agency such as Marla Williams Agency.

If you are a restaurant owner in Kansas, you will need three basic types of insurance. These include property coverage, liability coverage, and employee coverage. Each of these insurance types will come with both general and specific coverages. You will always need general coverage, and the specific coverages are going to be specific to certain types of restaurants.

General property coverage will protect you in giving you replacement value for the loss of either your building or movable property located inside your building, such as chairs and tables. It would be best if you kept in mind that it will generally not cover immovable personal property, such as equipment in your kitchen that may be bolted down.

Commercial general liability insurance is also important, as it will protect your restaurant from the prices of certain problems that might come up with your customers, such as accidents or food-related illnesses. It would be best if you kept in mind that general liability coverage does not cover liquor-related incidents, which is why it is important in some cases to purchase liquor liability as well.

You will also need to purchase employee insurance for your restaurant, as workers’ compensation is legally required. This will pay for medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitation expenses when an employee is injured at work.

If you are interested in learning about restaurant insurance in the state of Kansas, you should feel free to contact the professionals at Marla Williams Agency. They will be able to answer any questions that you might have and can point you in the right direction regarding the right policy for your restaurant.