What’s included in my Kansas auto insurance policy?

Auto insurance isn’t just a good idea. It’s the law.

Like most states, Kansas has specific requirements for auto insurance. Fortunately, Marla Williams Agency are skilled at navigating these guidelines. Using this experience, their agents share four items that must be included in any auto insurance policy.

Bodily injury Liability

Kansas mandates all drivers carry liability coverage. Bodily injury liability reimburses other people’s expenses if you are determined to be at fault in an accident. For any single person involved in an accident, the requirement is $25,000. A total of $50,000 is needed for all people. Known as "25/50," this is the absolute minimum amount required.

Property damage liability

Another form of liability protection, this coverage pays for damage to someone else’s property caused by you or your family. In addition to automobile damage, it also extends to the destruction of buildings, mailboxes, and other structures. Kansas requires $25,000 for property damage.

Personal injury protection

Personal injury protection (PIP) provides payments for expenses related to injury. Unlike liability, this applies to you or your passengers, no matter who is at fault. By law, drivers must carry $4,500 per person for medical expenses, $2,000 for funeral costs, and another $4,500 for rehabilitation bills. Kansas also enforces that drivers have $900 per month for disability or loss of income. Plus, $25 a day for in-home care services.

Uninsured Motorist Protection

Unfortunately, not everyone is as diligent about maintaining adequate coverage. If you are involved in an accident with an underinsured or uninsured motorist, this coverage helps recoup some of those costs. Like bodily injury liability, the state dictates a "25/50" distribution.

Call Marla Williams Agency

Their agents understand that auto insurance is more than just a legality. It’s ensuring you, your family, and your assets are protected. Schedule an appointment today.